EARN up to $124,607 pa + Super | Salary Sacrificing On Offer
Join a Native Title Service Provider for the Noongar People
Full-Time Position | 12 Month Contract with Potential to Extend
Our client is the native title service provider to the Noongar people, who are the traditional owners of the south west of Western Australia. Our client works to progress the resolution of title claims, while also advancing and strengthening culture, language, heritage and society.
Our client is seeking a Senior Lawyer to join their organisation in Cannington, WA with the potential to earn a Negotiable salary $115,206 - $124.607 per annum + Superannuation.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide a range of legal advice including negotiation, mediations, briefings, meetings, litigation and any other associated proceedings.
Reporting directly to the Principal Legal Officer some of your responsibilities include:
- Assist the PLO and work in collaboration with other staff to ensure that the Native Title functions are undertaken efficiently and consistently with the Native Title Act and the businesses objectives and strategic direction
- Provide verbal and written legal advice, representation and opinions upon Native Title, Trust, Corporate Governance, Mining, Land Tenure and related matters
- Negotiate on behalf of the business and claimant groups with Commonwealth and State agencies, local government bodies, mining and petroleum corporations, developers and other proponents
- Maintain an awareness of relevant changes in the law and current Aboriginal socio-political issues
- Appear on behalf of claimant groups before the National Native Title Tribunal and the Federal Court
- Contribute to the preparation of Annual Reports, Strategic Plans, Operational Plans and other performance reports
To be successful in this role you will have 5+ years experience in Native Title and one or more of the following areas: land management, heritage and administration law, corporate governance law, information and intellectual property law.
You must also have:
- A relevant legal qualification and current practising certificate
- Demonstrated experience in current property/commercial law practice
- Experience in dealing with Government, developers, mining industry and the community
- Experience in advocacy before Courts and Tribunals
- Skills in negotiation, facilitation and alternative dispute resolutions
- A current Driver's Licence
What's in it for You?
- Work in a Supportive & Friendly Team Environment
- Earn a Generous Salary including Salary Sacrificing & Incentives
- Utilise Your Previous Experience in this Dynamic Role
- Benefit from a Convenient Location with Free Parking
- Full Time 12 Month Contract with Potential to Extend
Apply today and don't miss out starting this fantastic opportunity to progress your career as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Application Form Instructions (Please Read)
Apply for this role by completing the below questions in your own words. This is an opportunity to impress the employer and set your application apart from the rest! Please do not copy and paste your resume. Then click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the page and you’ll be asked to ATTACH YOUR RESUME.
Your application will be reviewed and we will contact you soon to provide feedback regarding your progress.
Good Luck from the Recruit Shop Team!
Note: By applying you give authority to be contacted using your provided phone number and email address regarding this and other job opportunities and other Recruit Shop related topics. Should you wish to unsubscribe from such information you may do so at the time of receipt.