EARN a Competitive Salary + Super | Negotiable Based on Experience
Join a Not-For-Profit Organisation in a Thriving Community in Wadeye
Fantastic Lifestyle & Company Benefits | 6 Weeks Annual Leave!
About The Company
Formed in 2003, our client is a Not-For-Profit corporate entity owned by members of the Wangka, Lirrga and Tjanpa peoples. It has been established to represent business, socio-economic development, employment and training.
The Thamarrurr Region is located in the western “Top End” of the Northern Territory with-in the Daly River Port Keats Aboriginal Land Trust. A distinguishing feature of Wadeye is that is a principal place of residence of a number of distinct clan/language groups who have a strong sense of individual identity.
About The Opportunity
The primary purpose of this position is to provide responsive, individualised services and support for each person and family consistent with their NDIS plan, relevant legislation, company policies and quality safety and security guidelines, including any contractual guidelines.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate services as defined in the participant’s NDIS plan
- Develop person-centred, inclusive support plans for clients and families
- Develop accurate and timely Service Agreements for provision of new or continuing services
- Build knowledge of local services and organisations clients can utilise, including advocacy services
- Provide reports outlining progress towards plan goals and recommendations
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to build knowledge of local services and organisations
- Strong organisation, time management skills with attention to detail
- Understanding of the barriers faced by clients in remote communities who may have complex needs and who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Demonstrated solid NDIS experience and understanding of Aboriginal people and their culture
What's in it for You?
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave & Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Healthy Work-Life Balance | Accommodation Provided
- Reimbursement of Travel Expenses up to $1500
- NFP Organisation so Full Salary Packaging Available
- Excellent Fishing & Outdoor Activities on your Doorstop
- Be Part of a Welcoming & Busy Community
- Ongoing Paid Professional Development & Training
- Make a Positive Impact on the Local Community!
- Relish Exploring the Art & Culture, Local People & Region
- Work Everyday with a Purpose to Support & Empower Indigenous People
Apply today and don't miss out on starting this opportunity as soon as possible!
The Next Step of your Application (Please Read)
You will need to submit your resume, cover letter (optional) and answer some role-specific screening questions to be considered for this role. This is an opportunity to impress the employer and set your application apart from the rest! Please do not copy and paste your resume. Your application will be reviewed and we will contact you via email if you progress to the next stage.
Please take a look at our other vacancies here: https://recruitshop.applynow.net.au/